Three generatations of Wu women. We are rare commodities in the male heavy (not-dominated ;)) family! We had a wonderful long weekend in Shanghai celebrating mid-autumn festival. Or mooncake holiday. If you don't know what mooncakes are, Josh will tell you that they are like fruit cake, not tasty but something you have to eat on the holiday. My biggest complaint about them are the wasteful packaging that is used for the mooncakes. Mooncakes are generally quite greasy, very sweet, filled with red bean paste or lotus seed and many have salty dehydrated egg yolks in the middle. These days you can also get Haagen-Daaz ice cream filled and green tea flavored. I can eat a few bites, but after that it just makes you fat and feeling gross. 
Waiting for our numerous bags in Shanghai. Josh and I rarely checked bags before Sophia arrived! We had two checked bags, one car seat, one stroller and the Ergo Baby Carrier (pictured above)

and a barf bag!
We also got to spend some time with some friends from our days in Shanghai. Our friends hosted a lovely BBQ in their old lane home. Unfortunately, Shanghai was on the receiving end of a Taiwanese typhoon so we were drenched all weekend. Nevertheless, it was wonderful to see old friends and meet new ones. There were 7 children, all girls, except the host, Liam. He was a lucky little boy! We were spoiled with 3 ayis (nannies) at the party so we actually got to have some adult conversation!
After being offline for most of the weekend, I caught up on some news. If you haven't had a chance to read the recent NY Times ops-ed, "Blizzard of Lies," "Governor Palin's Worldview," "Making America Stupid," by Thomas Friedman, "Bering Straight Talk," by Maureen Dowd and many others posted on my Facebook page, I highly recommend that you do. They shed light on the reckless nature in which McCain has chosen his VP candidate. It also shows the very ugly side of politics. While I never supported McCain for President, I did respect him for his service to our country. However, after reading more about Palin, I sincerely doubt his judgement and his intergrity.
Alright, off to bed before the princess awakes at dawn or earlier....



1 comment:
Very nice honey!
Post a Comment