It's been a busy couple of days. I was in Singapore from Tuesday and took the redeye back to Beijing on Friday morning. As you may have heard or read, Motorola is cutting jobs and focusing on new platforms for its Mobile Devices. So, it was a difficult couple of days, emotionally, as well as physically to find out your friends were being laid off. But coming home on Halloween was a great treat for me. We invited the neighborhood kids over and we tried to make the best out of being in a non-Halloween celebrating country. Fortunately, for us, our Swedish neighors bucked up and joined in the American festivities. We live in a wonderful compound where it really does seem like a village. I'm currently reading Happiest Toddler on the Block and it really is written for families in the US where there is often little familial support when raising children. I feel so blessed with our wonderful neighbors and ayis that love Sophia. Although our family is not nearby we do have a wonderful village of people who come together and take care of each other.
Here is Super Sophia. Josh and I made the costume one evening after our conference calls. It's not perfect, but it's handmade and made with love! ;)Trying to get the kids to all look at the camera was tricky. There is actually a very cute little Swedish boy behind the skull!
Even though Sophia was the youngest in the group, she caught on quickly to how this trick-or-treating thing worked!
A parting photo of Super Sophia. Josh is off to Hong Kong today until Thursday. I was able to postpone my trip next week to Chiang Mai, so at least Josh and I will get to see each other for more than 48 hours beginning on Friday!

No comments:
Post a Comment